Looking for help with lifeguard recruitment this summer season?
If you’re looking for lifeguards for your pool, lido, or beach this summer, can you recruit enough to get your lifeguard shifts covered?
It’s a common story. While lifeguarding seems to be an attractive job for so many people, and there is a reasonable quantity of qualified lifeguards out there, sometimes getting them to come your way in time for your summer peak season takes some doing.
Competition for lifeguards is fierce, not just from competitors but also from other employers looking for summer season cover. You can be sure that the lifeguards you’re looking for are also being approached by sports coaching companies, retailers and many more so it’s imperative that you have an attractive offering to lure them your way.
But find them you must because if there’s one thing that can get your pool’s opening hours reduced, it’s a lack of qualified lifeguards to ensure your patrons’ safety.
There are a few things to consider when recruiting to ensure you’re in prime position to secure the talent!
- Offer free training. Or at least at a reduced rate. With the competition so fierce for people, you’re much more likely to attract potentials with a free course.
- Hold a recruitment day. Meet, greet and induct candidates into your business well and you’ll stand a stronger chance of engaging and retaining good staff.
- Sell the benefits! Not just of the job, but also the career potential. Lifeguarding can lead to an array of opportunities in leisure management so map it out to them!
- Pay them well. When the competition is tough, money talks and the difference of a pound an hour can make all the difference if your competitors are sucking up the talent. In-work perks can work as well as pay. Can you offer free gym membership to your employees or free health checks? Anything that you can get hold of to make your company more attractive to work for is worth considering.
- Make it someone else’s job! Outsourcing is growing. Here at 4Leisure Recruitment, our lifeguard division has grown rapidly due to the increasing demand for qualified lifeguards. With a dedicated team of specialist consultants, 4Leisure are experts in this field and have been delivering lifeguard projects and ad-hoc cover to the leisure sector for over 16 years.
As the UK’s biggest supplier of lifeguards, we provide fully screened, qualified and compliant lifeguards all over the UK for as little as 5 hours. We work with some of the UK’s largest leisure operators and provide outsourcing services to deliver a seamless service keeping pools open!
If you’re finding getting those lifeguard jobs filled a struggle, don’t struggle alone. We are the UK’s biggest lifeguard recruitment agency and we can help you plug a few holes.