Are you looking for an outdoor summer job, offering a variety of hours in a fun environment? Well look no further!
We are excited to be recruiting for Customer Activity Assistants (Outdoor Instructors), for one of the UKs leading family outdoor activity venues! You will be employed to look after customers in the great outdoors, at site and in the woods as they take on their challenge – you’ll be fitting harnesses, delivering safety briefs and training, out and about assisting with local marketing and much more besides - depending on which site you’re at, you’ll be on one or more activities - up in the trees on Tree Top Adventure/Tree Top Junior, whizzing around on segways, bouncing around in nets or zipping on zip trek! Full time, part and casual hours available - giving you flexibility over your summer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome customers and prepare them to take part in their activity
- Assist in successfully delivering the adventure, ensuring a great customer experience, caring for equipment, managing facilities, Health and Safety, and a bit of administration
- Ensure customers’ complete relevant paperwork and comply with company rules and policy
- Patrol the course; ensure all participants are safely conducting themselves and assist participants where necessary, carry out emergency drills in accordance with company directives and training, and ensure all landing sites are maintained to the correct standard
- Help with local marketing as required by the Site Manager/ Deputy Manager
- Report and record accidents and incidents, apply first aid when necessary, appropriate to your skill level
- Carry out course checks and record/report findings
- Assist with risk assessments and method statements where required
- Assist with customer enquiries and bookings
- Safety conscious, with a professional outlook
- Able to work under own initiative without supervision
- A ‘customer comes first’ attitude with drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer WOW!
- Enthusiastic team player who is able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic working environment
- High energy levels with a cheerful disposition, even when under pressure
- Must like working outdoors and have a good head for heights!
The role will not only be rewarding and memorable, you’ll leave with a whole bunch of enhanced skills to take to your next role. You’ll be more confident, qualified, assertive, and able to make decisions and communicate with people of all backgrounds - not to mention the first class customer service skills!
As the summer season gets under way we are looking to recruit quickly, so if you'd like to register your interest please apply today!