Child Care Assistant
4Leisure are recruiting Childcare professionals to join the team to support with before and after school care in the Beckenham area. We’re looking for an organised individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team. Immediate start is available.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to hold an in date enhanced DBS and paediatric first aid certificate. Food hygiene and safeguarding certificates are desirable. You will need to be available to work short shifts either early mornings or afternoons.
- Weekly pay
- Flexible working hours
- £13.50 - £15.00 an hour
Key duties include:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering a variety of quality play opportunities
- Consulting with children and involving them in the planned activities
- Setting up play spaces, with appropriate play cues. This will include moving furniture and play equipment
- Supporting with collection and delivery of children safely between school and the childcare setting
- Providing refreshments including hot and cold snacks to children whilst promoting children’s positive behaviour and involvement
- Ensuring good hygiene, health and safety standards are met
- Administering first aid when necessary
- To be a designated key worker to a number of children, this will involve talking to parents and teachers about key children’s needs and progress
- To respond to safeguarding concerns and report any and all concerns to your line manager
- Undertake appropriate training and adhere to company policy and procedures
If this role is of interest to you, please apply today!