Food and Beverage Manager Opportunity
Thornbury Golf Club
A fantastic opportunity to join our client Thornbury Golf Club as a Food and Beverage Manager is now available. Thornbury Golf Club is a member of the Burhill Golf Group and provides an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate food and beverage professional to progress their career. This full-time position is responsible for the entire food and beverage service operation, running of all events and functions, along with actively promoting and driving casual sales. To instill a customer focused culture that engages staff to deliver outstanding levels of service is paramount!
Thornbury Golf Club is a busy and vibrant venue, offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner to our golfers and visitors. We also have a large function business where we host regular golf days, meetings, weddings and functions, catering for up to 100+ people.
We are looking for someone who is passionate in delivering high standards and who maintains excellent customer service in a friendly and welcoming fashion. Experience of working in the hospitality sector for a minimum of 3 year is preferred, along with previous experience of leading a catering or food and beverage team.
- To oversee the daily clubhouse operation, all food and beverage outlets and to manage all departmental resources and employees, including hiring, training, scheduling, developing and evaluating.
- Maintain the existing food and beverage program of events and to develop new concepts and strategies that ensure the highest possible levels of service, that meets and exceeds customer expectations, and that encourages new and repeat business.
- Responsible for controlling food and beverage labour costs in line with set targets
- To maximise sales potential through the marketing of food and beverage events and promotions.
- To be fully aware and accountable for the departments P&L and to record and display, on a weekly basis, departmental revenue performance against budget.
- To ensure maintenance, cleanliness and overall appearance of the centre are to BGL standard, and to liaise with the GM over any issues.
- Conduct a daily Club tour of the property to ensure a clean and tidy operation.
- To communicate daily with all departments to maximise the efficient day to day running of the Club.
- To assist in the duty management of the centre and to deputise in other areas as required. Duty Managers may be required at times to stay overnight at the Lodge due to business needs.
- To be aware of all current legislation, including health and safety, food safety and employment law
- Ensures full personnel management of entire front of house team, including job chats, staff reviews, annual appraisals, objective setting, along with recording all external and on job training.
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e. banquets and meetings, and ensure all appropriate preparation is made in advance.
- Solicits and handles customer enquiries, comments, suggestions, and concerns to provide answers or determine solutions. Follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Competitive Salary
- Employee uniform
- Playing and practice privileges
- Lunch whilst on duty
- Free parking
- 40-hour contract working a shift pattern on a 5 day out of 7 basis, including weekends.
- Flexibility to work across our opening hours from 6am until 10pm. Including late nights (until 2am) when working a wedding or function.