Fitness Manager- Surrey
4Leisure Recruitment are now seeking a Fitness Manager on behalf of a community orientated Sports Centre in the East Surrey area. This role is suitable for a current Fitness Manager, Fitness Supervisor, or Senior Fitness Instructor looking for a new challenge and to take lead of the fitness department, the facility hosts a gym, sports hall and a exercise studio. In addition to overseeing the programming and daily operation across these areas, the Fitness Manager is also responsible for line management of the fitness instructors, group exercise teachers and volunteers.
The key objective of this role is to head up the fitness strategy and KPIs, cover health and safety and be a key driver for customer retention.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain a range of innovative, up to date and commercially viable exercise classes and fitness activities, ensuring that they are of the very highest standard in meeting the needs of our members and users
- To recruit and manage a team of gym instructors and exercise teachers, to carry out inductions to new staff, annual appraisals, monthly one to ones and arrange regular training
- To put in place and maintain suitable processes for sales, customer care and retention that achieve agreed targets
- To be responsible for the health and safety of all members
- To cover shifts in the fitness gym and to teach classes and activity when required and if suitably qualified.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of fitness equipment and to manage any relationships with specialist fitness equipment providers
- To act as Duty Officer at set times including at least one morning, two evenings and weekends on a rota system
You will have multiple revenue lines to hit, therefore a commercial mind is vital, equally important is your passion for Fitness, with lots of energy and character required from the ideal candidate. You will need to be able to deliver exceptional service to your members with impeccable standards to match.
If this sounds like something you'd like to get stuck into, please apply!