Full-time General Handyperson - 40 hours per week, permanent
Business Centre – Kings Hill, West Malling
I am recruiting a full-time facilities handy-person Monday to Friday for my client a privately owned business centre group for their site in Kings Hill.
You will be required to deliver excellent standards for the benefit of all clients who use the centre & be able to work with minimal supervision following initial training. You will be responsible for:
- Achieve high standards of customer service, housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Highly active within the Centre, noting and responding to any problems or hazards with the infrastructure, building structure or Centre itself.
- Carry out general maintenance and day to day site management and repair any defects within a reasonable time.
- Ensure the maintenance of robust H & S and Fire Procedures.
- Ground maintenance & redecoration of premises
- Daily check of the site, including waste areas, and buildings.
- Assess impression of the site and carry out litter picking, path clearing etc.
- Bring vacated suites up to specification - painting / carpet / cleaning
- Routine landscaping and gardening maintenance when required.
- Allow contractors access to carry out planned maintenance and specialist work
- Change locks as required.
- Regular meter readings – electricity, gas, water.
- Regularly check unoccupied buildings and communal space in respect of security/health and safety check (water running).
- Empty smoking/recycling bins and clearing up discarded cigarette ends
- Change light bulbs
- Assist in moving furniture
- Pressure washing bin areas and drains
- Clearing/salting during winter months as necessary
- Assist with fire alarm drills and weekly testing.
- Distribute information to customers on site.
- Monitor car parking when necessary.
- Other additional and alternative duties as the business may from time to time reasonably require. This could occasionally include working in reception. Additional hours may be required at certain times of year to assist with holiday cover and busy period
I am looking for a well presented "hands-on" person preferably from a trade background or specialism but able to turn your hands to anything & having excellent communication skills. You will need proven organisational skills with the ability to multitask and delivery in a service industry. You will be required to Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day. Specific hours to be agreed during interview process
Unfortunately, due to a high response we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.