General Manager – Golf Business
A fantastic General Manager opportunity is now available in Buckinghamshire with my client, a high profile golf and leisure operator. I am searching for a dynamic, driven and highly commercial manager to lead a club with a multimillion turnover.
The role is focused on coaching, developing and mentoring department managers whilst also driving performance on a daily basis. We really need someone with a strong commercial focus who has the ability to look at the business strategy and make changes on a local level where necessary and develop a strong customer culture within the business.
My client has invested in the property and developed additional revenue streams and non member income. You therefore must be able to demonstrate your impact on a business with examples of revenue and profit growth.
- Develop the clubs club’s profit streams, to ensure optimum performance against budget
- Recruit, Develop and Lead a team of Heads of Departments
- Set and monitor clear goals and performance expectations for the HOD team.
- Manage daily operations across the club. Communicate daily and weekly targets and facilitate their achievement through the HOD team.
- Monitor all costs to maximise efficiency. In particular payroll costs to be managed within budget while ensuring adequate cover of all business areas.
- To ensure the club operates consistently to the standards required.
- To ensure all revenue opportunities are maximised and all costs controlled with the aim of improving individual club profitability.
- Ensuring on-going forecasts and plans are made to deliver budgeted expectations and to effectively and timeously evaluate risks and identify opportunities.
- To develop a high performance service culture that ensures consistent excellence in all we do.
- Continually look for ways to improve the quality of the product and service provided within the club.
- Work with the senior management team to identify systems and communication procedures to improve member retention levels and ensure that ongoing training and support is given to club staff to deliver superior levels of member satisfaction.
- Ensure all staff have access to the necessary financial information to allow them to do their job effectively, that relevant necessary accounting procedures are followed within the club and that relevant accounting information reaches the Finance Department by the agreed dates.
- Manage agreed CAPEX budget effectively and look to maximise return on investment
- Previous experience in General Management within Leisure/Retail/Hospitality
- P&L accountability in excess of 2M
- A solid understanding of good HR practice would also be advantageous.
- Full understanding of People, Member, Shareholder ways of working.
- Previous experience of coaching other senior managers.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety guidelines and regulations.
- A passion for golf and events
For a full job description and client brief please contact James in confidence on 01895 450640, thank you.