The City of Oxford Swimming Club is looking for a Head Coach (Level 3) to lead and support full-time coaching across the Club at three pools in the city. The head coach will be ultimately responsible for the development of all swimmers.
This individual will have a passion for swimming coaching and will want to lead and develop the coach team to deliver the full range of our swim programmes. This post holder will meet regularly with their line manager to review their progress and to ensure that their personal development needs are met.
City of Oxford Swimming Club (COSC) is a not-for-profit organisation, run entirely by volunteers, together with a small paid coaching team. We offer lessons, coaching and competitive swimming for swimmers aged seven to over 70. We are proud of our team spirit and inclusiveness, providing an aquatic family for swimmers ranging from youngsters in lessons, to performance athletes competing at regional, national and international level. We also support masters’ swimmers (>18s who wish to train and perhaps compete) para swimmers, triathletes and open water swimmers. For the last six years, COSC has reached the National Arena League Finals. In recent years we have fielded A and B teams of junior swimmers in the Milton Keynes Junior League, the A-team reaching the regional final of the competition.
Salary: Starting salary is £35,000 to £42,000 pa, commensurate with experience.
Hours: This is a full-time position (part-time considered).
Contract duration: Offered as a fixed term contract for two years, commencing immediately and is subject to review and extension. There is a six-month probation period.
The post holder will be responsible to the Chair of the City of Oxford Swimming Club for:
- Delivering a high standard of swimming coaching across the Club;
- Keeping the Club’s SwimMark accreditation status;
- Developing and maintaining contacts with neighbouring clubs and their coaches in line with Optimal Athlete Development Framework (OADF);
- Structuring the squad system to enable appropriate and supportive progression of swimmers according to the best of their ability;
- Overseeing the Learn to Swim Teaching Programme to bring more swimmers into competitive swimming.
- Providing input to the Club Committee on all matters of swimming coaching;
- Observing Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Anti-Discrimination and Data Protection across all squads, in line with Club and Swim England codes of conduct and with consideration of safeguarding policies during squad sessions;
- Working with the Club Committee and volunteers to maximise income potential for the club;
- Leading weekly coaches’ meetings;
- Acting as a positive role model to other coaches and swimmers.
- Delivery of swimming coaching
- Maintaining the Club at SwimMark Level
- Structuring of the Club Squads
- Overseeing the Learn to Swim Teaching Programme
- Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity, Anti-Discrimination and Data Protection Legislation
If this role sounds of interest and you feel you can continue to drive the success of this club, please apply today!