This is an outstanding opportunity for a Fitness Manager to set up into a more diverse health and wellbeing role for a well-respected operator.
The Health and Wellbeing Manager will deliver day to day management of health and wellbeing services at site and online. You will manage the delivery of a high quality, innovative, integrated model of health orientated activity for my client’s housing residents and members. A key focus of the role will be to ensure that the service is meeting its strategic goals and objectives while achieving annual budgetary targets.
The vision of my client is of ‘places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. They are one of the leading Associations in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond, providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its Health and Wellbeing Centre’s and a wide range of Children, Youth, Family programs including nurseries, after school clubs and Soft Play Centre’s.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of exercise/activity health referral services to support to a wide range of people with pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease to depression, dementia, cancer, post-operative rehabilitation or weight loss.
- Achieve monthly targets, monitor and reporting sales and outreach in line with the health and wellbeing sales and marketing plan
- Maximise the hire of the sports areas, studios and rooms by managing the invoicing and payments for this effectively.
- Ensure the recruitment, induction, training and supervision of health and wellbeing staff and volunteers is in accordance with the organisational procedures.
- Through organisational performance management programme continuously assess the performance of staff and maintain necessary records providing, motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to staff, ensuring clarity of direction, effective communication and personal and professional development and training.
- Hold regular team meetings and supervision to ensure good communication and best practice is disseminated, encouraging a cohesive team who support one another’s roles.
- Ensure that all instructors/teachers/coaches have industry related certificates and continuing CPD and are registered and recognised with CIMPSA or relevant National Governing Bodies (NGB’s).
- Support the Lead Health and Wellbeing Manager in increasing the financial performance of the department and adjust the operation and marketing of the service to ensure targets are reached accordingly.
- Regularly monitor the attendance of the group exercise/activity programme and implement changes where agreed necessary to ensure the programme and classes are sustainable and do not run at a deficit.
- Ensure that Health and Safety procedures are followed and conduct daily operational checks of the cleanliness and safe and effective operation of the health and wellbeing service areas, reporting concerns as appropriate.
- Ensure all gym, studio, sporting equipment is well maintained, liaising with suppliers and contractors when required and that annual inspections are competed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent fitness qualification
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of delivering health, fitness and wellness programs
- Experience of working towards sales and retention KPIs
Hours of Work:
40 hours over 5 days, worked on a rota basis to include mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays