Sous Chef - Fantastic Holiday Park
We are on the hunt for the best Chefs in the UK! If you are working in hospitality as a Head Chef or Sous Chef this is an opportunity not to miss!
Our client, a leading holiday park operator with fantastic coastal locations are now recruiting a Sous Chef for a park in Cornwall. I am looking for a passionate and vibrant chef who strives to provide customers with a quality service and will lead the kitchen team in bringing the menu to life!
Job Brief: To assist the head chef in managing the kitchen and delivering exceptional food quality while achieving financial targets in terms of food margins and payroll. To over for the head chef in their absence.
- Take a 'hands on’ role in the production of menu items during service.
- Work on the 'front line’ and manage the prep production.
- Train the kitchen team to ensure a consistent standard is maintained.
- Work with nominated suppliers to ensure best value.
- The Company operates a Food Safety Policy together with a Health & Safety Policy. These are legal requirements to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all employees, customers and guests and visitors whilst on company premises.
- To ensure that fire regulations are adhered to at all times and assist with evacuation procedures, if and when required.
- To work together with your fellow team members to produce standards of excellence within your department and aiming to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure the quality of the food production and presentation is maintained to company standard.
- Participate and develop owners’ activities and events.
- Develop and design functions menus.
- Develop staff to establish a platform for succession planning.
- Adhere to any company structured pricing policies.
- Achieve 'best value’ from any local supplier negotiations.
- You have a duty to safeguard your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, customers and visitors. You also have a duty to co-operate with Management to enable it to comply with its health and safety duties.
- Hold Hygiene Level 2 certification.
- Have previous experience in a busy kitchen in a fast-paced environment.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have exceptional planning and organising skills
Our client recognises and rewards the incredible efforts their staff make in helping holidaymakers create amazing memories at all their parks. If you want to be part of this incredible business, please apply now or contact Tom for further information. I look forward to hearing from you!