Sous Chef – Lovely Golf Club
I am recruiting for a Sous Chef for a well-established and recently refurbished golf club in Kingston upon Thames.
This is a great time for any chef to join an already busy food operation within a fantastic golf business with several departments. A combination of weddings, events, a busy clubhouse and a bustling driving range means that everyday is fresh and fast-paced.
As a Sous Chef you will be responsible for the day to day food preparation for the clubhouse and any events that are being held. You will work closely with the Head Chef to develop revenue and expense plans to maximise sales and profitability while maintaining excellence in quality and customer relations.
- Completes all food preparation which may include bar/lounge, snack bar, on course sales, Range and function suites
- Be able to work alone as well as part of a team
- Work a varied shift pattern including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
- Meets all standards for performance, appearance, and service provision.
- Maintains existing food programmes and develops new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food and service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Ensures relevant records such as temperature sheets, and food labelling is kept up to date
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation, storage and health and safety
- Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage controls
- Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained and storage is provided
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e. banquets/meetings/weddings/societies etc
- Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations
- Complies with company health and safety procedure
To undertake any further duties as requested by the management