Our client is a leading provider of private healthcare and they are looking for an experienced supplies management professional to join their team on a temporary basis. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the hospital Supplies department and team, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality supplies service throughout the hospital.
- Lead, motivate, supervise and train a team of supplies staff.
- Ensure effective people management including recruitment, development, deployment, performance review, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Ensure goods and services are purchased to meet hospital requirements, in line with the hospitals policies and procedures
- Develop the departmental and hospital supplies budgets, with accountability for achieving budgets, cost management and the accurate and timely provision of all management information required
- Ensure effective business planning and development for the department with input into hospital business planning, improvement and development
- Define, agree and ensure the achievement of departmental and Supply Chain objectives, and target inventory levels
The successful candidate must have extensive supplies management experience ideally in a healthcare setting along with strong stakeholder management skills. A history of managing diverse teams along with strong IT and systems skills is essential.
Assignment rate: £20 per hour (inclusive of holiday)
Contract length circa 3 months