Thursday, September 7, 2023
Having previously outsourced the management of their leisure provision to a management company, this council then took the running of their multi-faceted 7 leisure centres back in house! With an ambitious transfer date set, there was significant pressure from a staffing a recruitment perspective.
The challenges included:
- Multiple locations
- Multiple roles
- Tight salary budgets
- Scarcity of front line workers
- Short time frames
With the added complexities of the client working through a TUPE process and a looming 3 week "go-live" deadline, there was a very high risk of the centres not being able to remain open under the new council management. With 4Leisure Recruitment holding the largest pool of leisure based temporary staff, there was only one place to go to get a contingency plan in place.
- Fitness Instructors
- Swim Teachers
- Soft Play
Implementation of a bespoke project plan. This included the deployment of temporary staff, recruitment days, a targeted advertising and sourcing campaign for all front-line positions and the provision of suitable shortlists for permanent management positions.
- 4Leisure identified suitable internal experience and put together the project team
- Clear channels of communication established with the local authority and client with agreed deadlines and milestones
- Immediate deployment of core temporary staffing across each department to form the foundations of the teams
- Initiation of local and regional attraction campaigns as well as internal sourcing through 4Leisure's considerable network
- Project team completed pro-active searches, head hunting and screening of all applications, holding interviews and managing all actions within the application process
- Undertook, registration, onboarding and compliance for all new recruits
- Directly employed all candidates sourced for the council, managing weekly rotas, timesheets, payroll, invoicing, holidays, sickness etc
- Provided ongoing rota support, 7 days a week
- Produced a sustainable and permanent recruitment plan for the onboarding of key temporary workers onto permanent contracts
With strategic planning, a dedicated work force to execute the plan and a specialist network, 4Leisure successfully provided all leisure centres with critical cover. This has enabled the doors to stay open and their service levels to be maintained to members and guests. 4Leisure remain as contingency support and are now facilitating a sustainable and ongoing recruitment partnership.
If you need to mobilise quickly and efficiently, get in touch with our experts.